Thursday, February 11, 2010

Is it safe to wear acrylic nails during pregnancy??

I'm 7 weeks and I haven't been to the doctor yet... so i can't ask him. Anyone have any advice?? Is it safe??Is it safe to wear acrylic nails during pregnancy??
I'm a cosmetologist and my doc said as long as I'm not ingesting the chemicals or pouring them in my open wounds then it's safe. However, you do have to be concerned of the fumes in the shop getting to you. Request a mask from the tech or bring your own... they wear them, you should too.


Congrats on the new baby!!Is it safe to wear acrylic nails during pregnancy??
i read on google after you are 6 weeks or past that that it isnt good to get them
The problem with acrylic nails is more the fumes in the salon when you are getting them put on and filled. Those fumes can be very bad for baby. It would probably be better to go ahead and have them removed.





Don't despair though, with both my pregnancies people thought I had fake nails because your nails get so strong and grow so fast while you are pregnant. Within a couple of months they will look as good as the fake ones.
yes its safe
Its safe to wear them but try not to breathe too much of the chemicals in when you are getting them done. I usually go early in the morning when they first open so its not so bad.
yes it is. i wore them throughout most of my pregnancy. i just recently took them off and i am in my 3rd trimester.
yes! why wouldnt it be%26gt;?
Yes i get my nails re-filled every 3 weeks and its fine. Good luck with the pregnancy congrats!!!
Everyone i know that is currently pregnant including myself wears them? i have never heard of this but this is interesting and i will pay attention to what answers you get.
Umm YES.
its safe to wear them but the fumes can be dangerous. also, when i had my nails done, it was a waste of money becaue of the rise in hormone levels and prenatal vitamins my nails were growing way too fast for the acrylic ones.
I'm sure the nails are safe, but the fumes you smell at the salon are definitely not. That glue is toxic and i would not sit and breath it in for half an hour while they stick your nails on. I'm a bit fanatical though, i wont get my hair dyed or even wear nail polish because of toxic fumes.
why not?
sure. just dont inhale the chemicals. congrates !
I Believe Its Safe But I Dont Know If I Would Do It due To All The Fumes! Good Luck And Congrats On The Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment