Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Can I get acrylic nails done at the salon if I'm pregnant?

Take along one of those white masks that u see them wear! Think...they dont breathe it in and they arent pregnant.Can I get acrylic nails done at the salon if I'm pregnant?
Yes. I would wait until the 2nd trimester, just to be safe.





I will warn you that, for me, it was not easy having them once the baby arrived. I was always afraid of scratching or poking him with them. Oh, and I always felt like I couldn't get them clean enough, up underneath, to have with a newborn.Can I get acrylic nails done at the salon if I'm pregnant?
yes
i got my nails done religiously every two weeks and never had any problems just dont stick your face right next to the acrylic power/ liquid and the shavings from your nails. Dont bite them either till you have washed them several times. Oh yeah and dont eat finger foods till you are willing to out your hands in your mouth. My doc said it wasnt great but the air we breath isnt great so its up to you
im actually pregnant myself and i asked my doctor that question and he said its best not to cause the chemicals they us can actually harm the fetus and when they gind them down the dust from the nails can go in ur lungs and stomach and get in ur system and can also harm ur child and inhaling the fumes of the acitone is dangerous to.

No comments:

Post a Comment