Thursday, February 11, 2010

I really need help for my acrylic nails!!!?

Okay, my nails grew out very quickly after getting tips.





They started breaking, so today I soaked them in Acetone Fingernail Polish remover for 45 minutes.





When I took them out they were all nasty and gross and peeling.





Now they're all dry and nasty. I have a party tomorrow and I CAN'T go like this.





I really really really need help. PLEASE!I really need help for my acrylic nails!!!?
First be aware that although there is good information in some of the other responses, most of these folks do not know what they are talking about. What follows comes from an honest to goodness bonafide subject matter expert, so listen up!





%26lt;|;-)





Do NOT clip excess nail product from your nail bed. ALWAYS soak it off. Otherwise, you can do permanent damage to your nail bed. Do NOT put cheap drug store nails over the top of them because you can get a fungal infection in your nails.





You should have gone in and had your fill line buffed to your natural nail and the nails shortened, but it is too late now.





You should have used pure acetone, but it's too late for that now too.





So here's what you CAN do:





You can go and get your nails put back on, but if you do make sure you go to a reputable place that doesn't use MMA. (Some will tell you they don't when they do.) Make sure they use ';Creative Nail,'; or an alternate of similar quality.





Your other option is to go to the beauty supply and get a fine buffer block. You can get a product called ';calcium'; at Sally's Beauty Supply or similar reputable beauty supply shop. (Walgreen's indeed! If you want to purchase aspirin by all means go to Walgreen's. Don't buy their cheap beauty supply products.)





You will need a natural nail file to shape your nails. The fine buffer block will smooth the tops, but don't over buff them.





Apply the calcium as directed on the bottle. Apply color over the calcium if you like.





The calcium over time will build your nails stronger.





Your skin and nails are dry from the acetone, so you need to use a moisturizer on your fingers as well.





Oh, and please let the subject matter expert and me know how this all works out for you.





Good luck!I really need help for my acrylic nails!!!?
You removed the acrylic or began to, so all you can do is complete the process and get a new set put on.
fake nails stink. I just recently took mine off. You just need to make sure you clip all of the fake nail pieces off of your real nails with clippers. My real nails still look like complete crap - but I painted a couple of coats of clear nail polish on them to at least make sure a color coat would apply evenly instead of getting stuck in the crevices of my cracked nails. I then applied a pale pink /peach so that I wouldn't draw too much attention to my ugly nails, but if someone did look - at least I covered up the fact that they were so torn up with the multiple layers of nail polish applied.
Yeah, that's the problem with acrylic nails, they can really ruin your nails underneath. Once you've gotten all the acrylic off, do this: (oops, if you cant get it all off and smooth, then file them smooth. even the tops. seriously. not too hard tho).


THEN....


Soak your nails in warm olive oil (just warm some in a pan, pour it in a bowl) for about 20 minutes. Rub into your nails and cuticles really well, and then just kind of wipe off the rest.





Go to bed with some vicks vapo-rub smoothed into your nails (put some socks on) and they should be OK by tomorrow. You can file them a little bit, put some quick-dry polish on (remember, short nails with dark-dark polish is totally raging right now) and you'll be fine.


Good luck, kid!
Is going back to the nail salon out? If so I would say get a good nail file and buffer and work them over yourself. Try and file them all even and even them out with your finger nails. Then buff them real good. That will shine them up. Then try and paint them with either a really light color or a really dark color. Something that people won't be able to see the bumps and stuff.





Good luck. Also there is always cutting them off or like I always do, bite them off.
This might sound silly, but go to Walgreen's and buy a set of acrylic nails to put OVER the existing nails. This sound work for a quick easy cover-up, but get to your manicurist A.S.A.P
go to the nail salon
You should never soak acrylic nails in acetone. This will eat up and dissolve the nails and make them look cruddy. Acetone is what is used to remove nails at the nail salons. I'm sorry to say, but this is where you went wrong. You need to go back to the nail salon have them soak them off and get a new set.
I would go to the drug store and get some ';press-on'; nails to get you through the party. Then I would use the soaking in olive oil idea to re-nurish them. There are also products by Sally Hansen that are supposed to nourish your nails and keep them hard. However, to have really great natural nails, good vitamins are the trick! I've had good luck with gelatin too, but once I stop taking it my nails are weak in that area and eventually break when they grow out to that point. Pre-natal vitamins are great to get you going if they are in really bad shape. I


I've got a great nutritious smoothie recipe that is awesome if anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment