Thursday, February 11, 2010

I just got acrylic nails put on and my fingers hurt sooo bad! I can barely type.?

my hands are like throbbing! I have had my nails done twice and it usually is uncomfortable for a few days but no this painful. should i take them off or do you think i have an infection or something?? or any advice? thanks!I just got acrylic nails put on and my fingers hurt sooo bad! I can barely type.?
Having your nails done should never hurt, or be uncomfortable in any way.


More often than not, this is the direct result of going to an unskilled tech who uses a Dremel drill, or a similar type of tool on your natural nails. They tend to overfile them, and the end result is paper thin nails which hurt for quite a while afterward. In this case, the damage has already been done, and taking them off will not make any difference.


Where you go to have your nails done make a big difference. If you go to an experienced, thoroughly trained, and highly skilled tech, your nails will never hurt from having any type of nail services done. A good tech would never use a Dremel type of tool on your natural nails. This is totally unnecessary, and its unhealthy as well.


My suggestion is to avoid the cheap nail places, and find a good tech instead. It may cost more, but its worth every cent. For help in finding a well qualified tech in your area, use these links. BTW, I have absolutely nothing to gain by posting these links. I am not associated with them in any way, nor will I profit from anyone using them. I am posting these strictly as a reference, and nothing more.


http://www.cnd.com/Locate/Find-A-Salon.a鈥?/a>


http://www.beautytech.info/locator/index鈥?/a>


I hope this helps!I just got acrylic nails put on and my fingers hurt sooo bad! I can barely type.?
Bacterial infections from the manicurist are becoming increasingly common. New forms of Staph bacteria are raging through salons. You may lose some fingers. At a minimum, you may be hospitalized. Or maybe you shouldn't be typing with those ridiculously long talons...
i kno the feeling. the first day u get them on, it hurts a little but the next couple days, its def hard to type or do anything! but the pain goes down n its worth it in my opinion. if they hurt u too much, mayb u should take them off but i wouldnt say u have an infection bcuz all the drilling and irritation to ur real nails are wuts making them hurt. itll go away soon if u wait it out =)
I think you should take them off like.. as soon as possible.. now? It's not worth the pain. And also you risk infecting your finger nail.





Take a look at this:


http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/acrylic鈥?/a>
um look for any signs of broken skin and cover them up with some cream.





when ur typing, type with the middle part of ur finger so it dsnt hurt so much xD
Did you have a different nail technician put them on this time? Sometimes if they are too rough or put too much pressure on the nail bed or cuticles at the time of application it can be irritating and take a few days for your nails to become less sensitive to pressure and touch. Signs of infection to your fingers would be redness, swelling, and possibly feeling hot to the touch in the red areas. Signs of fungal infection under the acrylic nails would be discoloration, ranging from green to dark black. Keep an eye out as to what things look like over the next couple of days. If it is just painful because the application was a little rough, having them removed right away can just make this worse. I'd just wait for a little bit and see what happens - if things get better, great, if things stay the same, get them removed, if things get worse - go see a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment