Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My acrylic nails don't stay on when I apply them. Why?

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I file the natural nail so that it is rough, and glue the tip both on the nail, and then I add a bit more glue on the smile line. I then apply the acrylic in a reasonable thickness and it looks great, but they come off very easily. What can I do when applying them to make them stay on longer? Any tips or tricks?My acrylic nails don't stay on when I apply them. Why?
Your nails may be too smooth, so try roughing them up a bit...or they may be holding too much moisture, so try blow drying your fingertips for a few minutes before application. Also, be certain that all oils or moisturizers are removed completely by going over them with nail polish remover.





You might want to just go without for a change, as shorter nails are far more in style than long nails. Nails that go only about a quarter of an inch beyond the fingertip are considered long enough these days, and they're more practical and still look glamorous with a good manicure...Besides, think of all of the money you'll be saving, not to mention the damage to your nail beds. Acrylics really do severe damage over time. I've known girls that have permanently damaged nail beds from wearing acrylics for just a few months. One friend of mine even lost her ability to grow her nails at all, and she had to have surgery. Just something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment